- Obviously, Mary is the real party planner around here, and she has some beautiful results for all of her hard work. I love fancy dinner parties, or fancy any other kind of parties, but I never seem to find an occasion. Mary’s posts on the travel-themed engagement party she planned and her sister’s 30th birthday party combined with these awesome ribbons (pictured) in Somewhere Splendid’s Party Inspo: Book Club Party make for some beautiful inspiration.
- Last week, ReadyMade announced that the magazine is being discontinued by its parent company, Meredith. This week, 2Modern Blog reminded me of this great slideshow of ReadyMade DIY outdoor transformations.
- On Pinterest, I discovered this great chair swing via HGTV that I was able to trace back to a post from the Swedish blog rusta upp. What a fun idea! The whole blog looks beautiful so take a look around when you follow the link. Google does (expectedly) mediocre with the translating, but at least her instructions for this DIY made the transition pretty well.
- Got paint sticks? Got a cheap barrel shade in need of a makeover? Well, then this tutorial at Enjoying the Simple Things is just for you! It’s really brilliant and so creative. Every barrel shade I’ve seen in a thrift store this week has made me want to load up on paint sticks and hot glue (if I owned a house or wanted to replace my light fixtures). (via Apartment Therapy)
- These embroidered portraits by Danial Kornrumpf literally made my mouth drop. They are stunning. (via Swiss Miss)
- Have you seen Dear Photograph? This site makes me want to grab up all of mine and my family’s old photos. I love how you can see how much some scenes have changed and how some are completely untouched. Such a cool idea.