I really should be sharing Harry Potter books as my reads for the week because I’ve had my nose buried in them the last five days or so. I finished Year One on Monday, Year Two on Tuesday, and I’ll finish Year Three today. That’s a lot of Harry Potter but I’ve never read it before and I’m totally captivated by it. Here’s what I have managed to drum up for you.
- I actually found this DIY on this week’s instructables email! It’s a Sewing Kit in a Jar and it’s also really personalizable and fun and so functional. This one might have to be moved to the top of my do it myself list very soon. Our sewing kit is very small and not in good order.
- First, there is this DIY Net Bag at Honestly WTF. I always intend to use reusable bags places but they never fit comfortably in my car or my other bag so I’m admittedly really terrible about it. Plus, the ones we have are the big bags that don’t fold nicely. I really like the idea of taking one and jazzing it up a little. Such an easy and personalizable DIY!
- I’m also about to be in the market for an iPad, I think, so this post on cute accessories for ipads at Design*Sponge had a lot of exciting finds for me! I especially love those little stands they’re so sleek.
- Finally, I need to whine once again about how no one likes gazpacho as much as me. I could eat it all the time in the summer but I have a hard time convincing Kyle that it’s actually a meal. Maybe this weekend my luck will change? If not, this White Gazpacho with Crab Salad by David Leite at The Pioneer Woman Cooks might just have to become my trump card. Man, it looks amazing.
Instead of reads from this week, I’ve got a Pinterest themed list. You can follow my boards on Pinterest if you’d like and you can follow Jess on Pinterest as well. And if you need an invite, just send us an email and we’ll hook you up. We’re cool like that.
Pinterest Challenge! I’m loving this idea from Emily Henderson (yes, that Emily!), Sherry from Young House Love, Lana from Making a House a Home, and Katie from Bower Power. They came up with a challenge to their readers (and themselves) to actually do that project you’ve been eyeing or inspired by on Pinterest. I’m not participating (it’s not for a lack of projects though…trust me), so I’m kinda stoked to see what they come up with.
Here’s three things I saw this week that made me say “Oh, that’s pretty!”:
- A sunset, an umbrella, the beach, and three people descending in height. The photograph is stunning. Also, fun.
- White kitchen with turquoise Big Chill appliances. Enough said.
- Canoe, water, and green everywhere. So pretty.