- On Tuesday, I Heart Organizing shared Jenn’s Kitchen Cabinet Tour. I am totally inspired to get my kitchen under control, beginning with dry-walling the pantry ASAP.
- I’ve been devouring Harry Potter lately, before breakfast, on my lunch break, and all evening. I’m so glad that I finally decided to read them! The only thing that would make them better is if they had covers seen in this Harry Potter Redesign by M.S. Corley. It’s a little dated but I just discovered it on Pinterest this week.
- Apparently I’m not the only design blogger who is way too into Ombré right now. Design*Sponge’s past & present featured an ombre + accessory round-up this week with really beautiful finds. By the way, I did get around to doing my DIY ombre hair last week and it turned out pretty good if not a little too subtle. Pop over to my tumblr for the before and after.
- In other inspiring posts from around the Internet, YoungHouseLove shared the results of their front-door transformation. The yellow is gorgeous! Our house currently has green and maroon detailing but I’d love to go for a bolder yellow+charcoal or red+black color to accent the gray siding we’re stuck with.
- Ever wonder about living off the grid? Well Infographic came up with a great graphic of exactly how much land a family of four would need to live off the grid. But what I’m wondering is, they didn’t include anything about sewage? I’m guessing you’d create your own solution somehow?
- This plant based air purifier that I saw on Shoebox Dwelling this week is really awesome. This would be a great solution if you’ve got a home full of plant nibbling animals. Also, plants (esp. ivy) are excellent are getting rid of toxins in your home.
- You know Jess and I have a love of quilts, and so when I saw this I got so excited. This couple requested a piece of fabric from their wedding guests and then had those pieces made into a quilt. So special and sentimental. (via Whatever)
- It’s here! It’s finally here! I’ve been waiting to see Karen from The Art of Doing Stuff reveal her new chicken coop. She did just that this week. This woman built and designed the whole thing herself. Honestly, the design details on the coop are exquisite. This would be beautiful if it was just a shed even. The dark gray stain, gold hinges, and gold lanterns really push it over the top. If you’re not familiar with Karen’s blog go check out her backyard reno too. It’s just as stunning.