- How pretty is this kitchen space with its delicate wallpaper detail, white cabinets, and yellow accents? Can you believe that this is a teacher’s lounge makeover? It’s so beautiful. As a student I remember the elusive space and as an adult I can recall visiting my mother in the drab teacher’s lounge that held little promise. So major kudos to Brian Patrick Flynn of Decor Demon, this space is fantastic. Click on over and check out all the images.
- Here in Austin, it’s hot. We broke our record of days over 100 degrees and rain hasn’t decided to grace us with it’s presence lately. It’s not a complaint just a fact. So, I set to researching some of the best tips for energy efficiency (since our A/C is hard at work). I came across this list of Energy Efficiency Myths and thought they would be of value to those of you also in a heat wave.
- This week, Things We Make featured Love Maps from Define Design. They’re really simple and sweet. It would be a fun DIY! Perfect for our anniversary.
- This Vintage Souvenir Tea Towel Quilt for East Africa is an excellent idea. The quilt is being raffled to benefit people suffering from the East African famine and its made out of vintage tea towels representing the countries affected. It’s a win-win raffle — if you win, you have a beautiful quilt, if you don’t win, you still donated to a wonderful cause. (via Poppytalk)
- See Hear Say posted photos from Tiara Putuhena’s trip to bali taken with a Diana Mini. We’re on the hunt for a new camera — to have one for our upcoming weekend trip to St. Louis and Carbondale, IL. I’m not sure those locations lend themselves to these kinds of wonderful photos nor will our new digital point-and-shoot have the dreamy affect of a diana.
- Thank God it’s not yet winter, but it is almost fall which is when I plan to start really investigating what we can do to winter-proof the house. These suggestions from the Offbeat Home tribe look like a great place to start.