- Instead of whining about Fall, which officially begins today, I’m going to try embracing it beginning with thinking this DIY: Wool Blanket Curtain on 2Modern Blog isn’t just a depressing sign of winter weather to come.
- I’m also embracing fall by getting a little excited for Halloween. These Free Halloween Party + Decor Printables! on Babble are so cute. I’m not much of a Halloween party thrower, but I do kind of like the holiday and these totally make me want to have a bash this year. Also, I want to try this mummy nail DIY that I have in my head so I’ll keep you posted if I get really adventurous. (via Poppytalk)
- Speaking of parties, I love this DIY idea to use chopstick sleeves to make place holders for dinner parties on Offbeat Home. It’s such a simple idea. I’ve been wanting to make some sushi again so maybe I need to combine the Halloween thing and the sushi party.
- I love the texture of Lucas Grogan’s murals posted in this interview at The Design Files. That shade of blue is really beautiful and they’re so intricate. Maybe that’s not your kind of large-scale art, but this DIY could be. Check out How to Create Custom Large-Scale Artwork at manmadediy. (via Scissors+Thread)
- Can you believe that’s a dried, carved gourd? These are stunning pieces of art. I can’t say they’re completely my taste but they are beautiful. (via Honestly…WTF)
- This isn’t design related at all, but it’s too good not to share. Paul Lukas over at Slate found report cards from the 1920s. He talks about how much they revealed about the students and the hardships the young women during that day had to overcome in order to obtain their education. This is such a cool read!
- Kit over at DIY Diva posted a PDF for spice jars. They are sooo cool and I seriously want to revamp my whole spice cabinet with her labels!