- This quick DIY a DIY painted quote by Lisa Roy is so cute. I still have a few canvases leftover from the pack I bought when I made those paintings for my living room. This would be a great use for them!
- Offbeat Home‘s roundup of Un-bedside tables for book storage had some great ideas. I want new bedside tables to finish the part of our bedroom with the actual bed in it. I think I’m sold on that DIY sidetable tutorial at Design*Sponge, but these were so fun to look at.
- These Long Distance Relationship pillows are really cute. Kyle and I were long-distance except for summers right up until we got married. It would be great for someone to miniaturize one of the pillows into a toy or a crib mattress so mommies and babies who don’t cosleep could experience it just a little.
- I’m a serious fan of Emily Henderson of HGTV’s Secrets from a Stylist (and the winner of Design Star). Practically everything she does I absolutely love and would totally live in. There’s basically nobody else I would say that about that exists in the television design world. I get her aesthetic and she’s a huge inspiration when I purchase things in my own home. Mostly because she gets at my basics when it comes to design: vintage, neutrals, wood tones, and pops of really pretty color. Okay, that was my Emily Henderson crush confession (I’ve got a whole Pinboard full of her awesomeness. Just bein’ honest). Done. BUT, she did do an awesome Holiday Guide with tons of fantastic bloggers! Go check it out. It’s inspiring.
- This week Jules from Pancakes and French fries posted her “life list”. It’s got me thinking about all of those projects that need to get done around my house so that I may enjoy and live in the moment better. You know? When you’ve got something in the back of your mind knowing it needs to get done, then it’s a little bit harder to just sit and enjoy. Does that make since? So, I think I’m going to take a moment and commit myself to finishing those projects.