- Well, it’s spring! We’ve grilled twice this week, made salad, eaten a meal outside, and dragged out the outdoor furniture for the season. Hooray! That means I’m ready for light outdoors (these diy yarn-painted jars to hold candles from The Forge) and color indoors (these DIY: Make cheap vases modern-looking! at 2Modern Blog).
- Spring also means that I’m looking more for a shelter from the rain than a warming hut, but I still really enjoyed looking at the eclectic designs of the Warming Huts at The River Trail in Winnipeg, featured at Poppytalk.
- I also really enjoyed this DIY Lucky Charms Marshmallows tutorial I read at Man Made DIY. The odds are ever in the favor of me not having the patience for it, but it’s still cool. And the pictures are styled so beautifully!
- Speaking of odds ever in our favor… the releases of the Hunger Games last week kicked off this years round of Blockbuster movies. In case you — like a lot of us — are still hung up on 2010′s blockbusters, check out this fun and pretty beautiful web explanation of Inception at Inception Explained.
- I’m so glad Annie at Annie at Annily Green posted about photographer Brock Davis this week. I’m pretty mesmerized by his work and the inner workings of this Twinkie are totally awesome.
- This week Brett Bara, regular contributor to Design Sponge, posted an awesome sewing tutorial for pleated curtains. The ones she made look so cool and updated. Pretty!