- Today at 5 p.m. marks the start of my vacation — which includes a trip to Austin to move my brother into his new co-op and several days to play around in Austin. It also marks the end of my July 4 – Vacation alcohol fast. Needless to say, I’m in the mood for a little frivolousness right now. Perfect timing for 10 Clever Multi-Purpose Furniture Ideas Meeting the Needs of a Modern Lifestyle at Freshome. I think this wine table is my favorite. The glass window in the top is excellent!
- This Mint, Coral, and Pink style palette at Making it Lovely has some great accessories for vacation. I don’t think it’s cool enough to wear any of the clothes yet, but I’m looking forward to the day this heat wave/drought breaks and a 3/4 sleeve sweater feels perfect. (I think this will be the first autumn in my lifetime that I’ve looked forward to more than the return of football.)
- Maybe instead of pink, mint, and coral clothes, I’ll go for pink, mint, and coral hair chalking. I’m a little late to this party, probably, but I just discovered hair chalking this week and I’m anxious to try this CHALK IT UP tutorial from The Beauty Department. I want something a little dramatic and rebellious for vacation.
- One last tutorial as you head to your weekend: Poppytalk had this beautiful DIY Ribbon Loom Flowers Gift Topper + Broach tutorial. The flowers are so pretty and would make a great broach or headband! Need to make some time to try this.
- I’m loving these color palettes based off Wes Anderson movies from Whorange. The Rushmore palette is my favorite. Love the saturated colors. (via Making it Lovely)
- The Makeshift Society sounds amazing and I wish it was in Austin. I’d love to sit around with women who are talented, creative, and encourage one another in their creativity. (via Design Sponge)
- This week Rachel Denbow from Smile and Wave shared her addition to her tattoo. I love it! I really want one in the same spot but I’m just too indecisive. Maybe eventually. I think her’s is beautiful though.