- This MAKE IT tutorial for painted shelves from D E S I G N L O V E F E S T is amazing! I love the final result, and using different patterns for each shelf is pretty genius. (via scissors+thread)
- My next two finds are some practical advice. This article from Autostraddle on Why We Can’t Get Coffee: The Guide for People Who Love People Who Work From Home is really great and informative. Kyle, as a professor, does a lot of his work from home, and we have plenty of other friends that have work to do at weird hours so it’s a great little refresher on good etiquette!
- I really enjoyed this post from Joel Gascoigne on the 6 things he does to be consistently happy. A lot of them seem to apply to my life, too, like waking up early, but they’re not always totally intuitive to me. I think I want to make a list of 6 things I do (or could do!) to be consistently happy. That way I have a little manual to refer to when life starts to feel a touch chaotic.
- This week I got a surprise email from another Austin based blogger asking me to check out her Craigslist blog. I was totally in awe of what I saw at Thou Shall Craigslist. Maxine scours C’List everyday and curates a fantastic list of finds. We are always looking for stuff for the house but searching through so many Craigslist ads in a large city takes time. Huge kudos to Maxine for doing such a great job for us!
- This is what I’m making today for Brendan’s birthday. Um, hello dark chocolate and peanut butter. I’m pretty sure God created you both as soul mates. Always and forever.