- There goes that Emily Henderson again being super awesome. I love this post on helping out couples with their differing styles of decor. Fortunately, Brendan and I comprise like champs (sometimes him more than me, because he’s awesome) but this post from Emily has some great direction. Also, this line “I mean, if this thing were in hot pink it would be amazing and i would be divorced.” totally made me laugh out loud. (The image above is her living room.)
- The City Wide Garage sale is in Austin this weekend. Pro tip: if you plan on going snag up a Vintage Around Town Guide from a local vintage shop. There is a free coupon to CWGS in there. You should go. For reals. I wrote about it here and I mean, those tables piled high with linens are worth the trip alone.
- I got some really big news this week! I just accepted a new position at the American Jazz Museum in Kansas City, so I’m finishing up some things in my current position but by the end (or middle) of next month, I’ll be blogging from Kansas City! Lots of changes coming up very quickly. I’ll admit, I’m a little stressed.
- I think these Punchy Patterns from illustrator Caitlin Keegan, featured at 2Modern Blog are just great. I especially love the color palettes! Beautiful!
- Wow! This Quick and Easy Outdoor Lighting tutorial is super cheap and has some great results! We might have to turn this into a solution at whatever rental we end up at in the next few weeks. The neighborhood we’re looking at has some cute insides but not as much curb appeal. These little lights are a great way to add a touch of us to the exterior.