- Recently some renegade cyclists dumped water based paint all over an intersection in Berlin. It created such a cool piece of art! But, I can’t help but wonder if it made that huge intersection really dangerous. Nonetheless, the color choices were really pretty! (via Honestly WTF)
- I’m totally loving all the mason jar DIY lanterns I’ve seen floating around lately. I really want to make these firefly lanterns without catching the fireflies! Which I like seeing fireflies sparkle throughout my whole yard anyway. This one just takes a broken non-toxic glow stick and shake it up in the jar! So much fun! Love these ideas for summer! (via Pinterest)
- Carrying on with things that glow, Rachel over at Smile and Wave made an awesome sign out of glow sticks for her military husband. It’s so creative and makes me want to stock up on glow sticks!
This week, I think a lot of blogs had high points, but I’m going to try to share mostly things from blogs that I don’t often post from because they’re more on the artsy/designy end of the spectrum.
- First up, Design*Sponge pointed me toward Pattern Pulp which pointed me toward Jenny Hart’s Twitter. I’ve been on the mailing list for Sublime Stitching for years now and I never knew embroidery could be so cool. I still don’t do much of it though, but I like the idea and maybe someday soon I’ll develop some skills.
- Over at The Fox Is Black, Kyle gave a great rundown of the DIY movement in its current state in the post “Making Our Own History By Doing Things Ourselves.” It’s definitely worth a read!
- HiLobrow shared these amazing Wordless prints by Matt Siber. I’m impressed by the amount of work that goes into each image and I think the idea is really brilliant.