We put our tree up the weekend before Thanksgiving this year because my family friend, Nichi, was visiting last Tuesday and we wanted her to see where we put the beautiful Christmas decoration she bought for us a few years ago and with preparing for her visit, working, going to Topeka for Thanksgiving and then Blue Springs, we knew that by the time the long weekend came around we’d be exhausted and so ready to just relax.
Even with the jumpstart on Christmas decorations, I’m not feeling the same holiday cheer around here. I’ve been so busy at work that this year has just completely flown by and I’m wondering what happened to August let alone September, October, and now November. It just doesn’t feel like it possibly could be close to Christmas yet.
Obviously, I need something to jump start my Christmas spirit so I’ve officially started my holiday music season at work! I want to share some highlights from my Spotify playlist. I’ll be adding to it (and maybe subtracting its more embarassing low points) throughout the holiday season so subscribe and follow along with my Christmas cheer.
- Mariah Carey – All I Want For Christmas Is You – Original Version
- She & Him – Baby, It’s Cold Outside
- Mae – Carol Of The Bells
- Jay Brannan – Dear Santa
- The Killers – Don’t Shoot Me Santa
- The Pogues Featuring Kirsty MacColl – Fairytale Of New York
- She & Him – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
- Wham! – Last Christmas – Single Version
- Hanson – Merry Christmas Baby
- Michael Bublé – Mis Deseos/Feliz Navidad – Duet With Thalia
- Justin Bieber – Mistletoe
- She & Him – Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
- Chuck Berry – Run Rudolph Run
- The Raveonettes – The Christmas Song
- Jenny Owen Youngs – Things We Don’t Need Anymore
Subscribe to A So Eclectic Christmas on Spotify.
And, yes, by embarassing low points I’m referring to Justin Bieber’s Mistletoe. I just love to hate it so much.